AZ FHWA Plant Tour
The Rinker Materials Phoenix staff hosted a presentation and plant tour for the FHWA Arizona Division engineering staff on November 28.
The group was first provided an hour presentation on RCP design, installation & inspection, highlighted by review of current storm drain spec revisions being considered by Arizona DOT. They were then briefed on plant safety protocol, the tour agenda and provided proper PPE. The tour then proceeded with demonstrations of:
- Reinforcing cage fabrication
- Packerhead production, stripping & curing processes for round RCP
- Batching and material handling processes
- ViHy production, stripping & curing processes for HERCP
- Three edge bearing tests of 0.01” & ultimate loads
- Test crack relevance to field loads & performance
A number of positive comments were received during the presentation and tour, including compliments on the quality of the tour and their preference towards RCP for the funded projects they oversee.