|Underground Storm Water Detention & Retention Systems
Underground storm water detention and retention systems are popular items in construction sites for many reasons, some of which are as follows:
• May enable smaller sizes of mainline pipe.
• Possible utilization of existing drainage when developing new areas.
• The surface area made available due to underground storage can be utilized as valuable, developable land.
• Less liability – less insurance – than storm water management ponds.
• Less maintenance costs than maintenance costs for storm water management ponds.
• Environmental benefits from the storage of storm water that can later be discharged into the municipal system at a controlled rate.
• In dry areas, water can be stored for times of need.